Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

What a crock

Stove is gone but we have to eat. All I have left is a grill, a microwave, a toaster/convection oven, electric skillet and...a crockpot. I am basically a pioneer woman. So the crockpot was elected. I forgot how great that was to ...fix it and forget it.

 
Taco soup. And tonight's fare...
 

Swiss steak
 
Indestructible toy? Gibbs proved that to be a false claim.
 

The shark got bitten
 
 
to bits. Had lunch with Mary Grace, Vick and Hallie Monday.
 

Sat outside at Kristos with a fire. Spent Tuesday with Bev antiquing down Hwy 49. Didn't find much there, but Persnickety had a great sale and we found perfect chairs for her new study. She did pick up this mason jar. I love it when they have bubbles like that.
 

On an antique note I wanted to show one more item I inherited from my former neighbor, Pat Williams. She is now Mom's neighbor at St. Catherine's.
 


I use it every day as my onion / potato bin. I wish I knew its story.

 
 

 

 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I brought Pat up to look at your blog. She had forgotten the spoons and was impressed you used them. I think she said her husband's mother and dad went to the 1939 World's Fair and bought the spoons there. I will have to ask her about the potato and onion bin. Mom

    ReplyDelete