Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

out with the old


so...with a dearth of storage space for sweaters (due to business casual at Ed's work) Ivy and I worked this morning to reclaim some closet space. The craft closet was the willing victim. I am officially out of the kid craft business. Yay! This is a pile I made to donate to St. Andrew's summer camp.

 
Here is the sorting area. Ivy is quite good at this.
 
 
Found this little souvenir from grade school.
 

Too bad that little lesson did not work...it says RULE OUT TOBACCO...colored by Ivy. now we organize wrapping supplies
 
 
Oh no, I found this in a Christmas bag!
 

Dang it...I took a bite before my brain could stop me :(    Awww. Found these paper dolls. They were well loved. Eric's head is taped back on. Do little girls play with these now? I saved them for future granddaughters.
 
 
Here is the space we created.
 

Next we turned to the under the stairs closet. Didn't get any before pics , but trust me. It is much better.
 

In a mission to use leftover buttermilk and make an old favorite recipe better, I had a surprise. This oven fried chicken recipe goes back to when Dad had his bypass surgery in 1979. It became our family favorite and was dubbed Ivy Chicken because she loved it so much. I decided to find the healthiest flakes to make the crust. I had always used corn flakes. After much research online and standing in the cereal aisle reading boxes, guess what was best...

 
I mean , check out the facts
 

 



yum
 

found a Japanese eggplant
 

Other vegs rounded out the menu




 


 

 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. You should have checked with me before discarding "kid" crafts. Isn't that my job now? I mean adult kids.. My the chicken looked good. I remember doing that. Ivy needs to start a business of clearing clutter there is a need. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't chunked the supplies yet. Still up for grabs.

    ReplyDelete