Search This Blog

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Chopping mad

Book club went off well yesterday. All the chopping paid off with the healthy menu.
 
 
Maybe I need a Ninja chopper
 
 
just love this ancient colander
 
 
Here is the black bean salad. Used balsamic vinegar and oil from our Georgia mountain trip.
 

This is Barefoot Contessa's roasted shrimp and orzo salad. I have no idea why it photographed so yellow. It was very white and green with pink shrimp.
 

appetizers...more chopping. Didn't get one of the Waldorf salad.
 

daffodils and mahonia as promised
 

These were paper placemats that come in a tablet. They ended up turning them over to take notes during discussion. We read Stephen King's novel, Joyland. It is a very retro detective type novel. There was not much controversy to discuss, but we all enjoyed it. I still say he is such a good storyteller.
 

Dessert was zucchini, applesauce oatmeal cookies. Served with  (this is a retake, the original plate had chocolate sauce swirled on the plate) this crazy good pistachio gelato. The green in the cookies showed up more and the plate was not pink. I'm beginning to wonder about my camera.
 

This culprit is part of my weight gain so this was just a little visit from Mr. Talenti. I used these cool spoons with the desert.
 

If you can't read them , it says 1939 World's Fair. I love them.



 
 
 


 
 
I
 


3 comments:

  1. The food looked better than Southern Living. Where did you get the dessert spoons? I just love them. Cute idea to use them. All looked lovely --MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. When a neighbor moved from her house (Pat Williams who now lives at St. Catherine's) she let me cone over and see if I wanted anything. She had amazing things she had collected over the years. I got several things I love and treasure from her. I'm sure she would love to know how I use them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I get a chance I will bring Pat up here and show her your blog with the spoons. I am sure she will like that. Don't see her much, I will have to call her. MOM

    ReplyDelete