Search This Blog

Sunday, February 23, 2014

all stove up

Or I will be. The day before Book Club, my oven quit working. Fortunately I had made all do ahead salads. We decided to replace it not fix it...again. It is after all 25 years old. And I must say whomever designed that stove spent extra time coming up with ways to trap dirt, grunge and crumbs.



Ugh, good riddance. Can you see those crumbs behind the glass? it's like the old roach hotel commercials, crumbs check in but they don't check out. And that phrase right there...Continuous clean? It should have said Continuously filthy.  But I must give credit where credit is due. That old stove helped me cook tons of good (and some really bad) meals. In fact if you figure 25 years at 3 meals a day, that is 23,375 meals. Factor in 5 people and that is 136.875 meals. Ok I know there are some flaws in that math but , dang that's a lot of chow. Ryan and Ed pulled out the old stove and installed a new outlet to get ready for the new stove which will be free standing. New microwave vent hood will come to.

 
Check out the archaeology lesson here. 1987 had some vivid colors.
 

I was so happy with this red wallpaper with grapevines all over it. The floor was black and white VCT tile and the counters were black. Loved it. Now I must come up with a clever cheap backsplash to cover it up.
 
Here is an idea that was good in theory. Of course the grand dogs were here during the tear out. Dupree always escapes under our fence and must be on a leash. Well I came up with the brilliant idea of putting an empty milk carton tied to his leash. He can't pull that under the fence.
 

Worked great until he ran and Truffles fell in hot pursuit of the new toy bouncing along the ground. Mary Grace said Truff and Daphne pulled Dupree several yards and then wrapped his leash around  a tree. Kids can be so mean in picking on the less fortunate. The milk jug...bitten and mud-stained it was discarded. 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! What a riot. Poor Dupree. MOM




    Oh my Gosh!! What a riot. Poor Dupree. MOM





    ReplyDelete