Search This Blog

Thursday, February 20, 2014

birthday

Candy's birthday was yesterday. While a little sad without her usual lovely floral bouquet from Bill, it was ok. She and I went to see the movie Philomena. We smuggled in Subway sandwiches and in my friend Amy's lexicon...movie wine. That is the little single serve wine bottles. Hey don't judge us, just don't sit by us. At an 11:55 movie there is no one else to disturb, so there. Friend Sheila made this unbelievably beautiful cake.


It was made with apricot nectar. Can't even begin to describe how moist and delicious it was . Yes I had a small slice
 
Also, Mary Grace, Ryan and Lucy took her to dinner at Amerigo's.
 
So in getting ready for my book club meal for tomorrow, I have chopped until my hands are tired. Healthy and chopped go together. More on that tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I did not know it was her birthday. I will get a "belated" card off. I used to make that cake. It was all the rage a few years ago. What goes around, comes around. MOM

    ReplyDelete