Search This Blog

Sunday, February 2, 2014

souper bowl

How many plays on the word Superbowl can there be? I personally liked Stephen Colbert's Superb Owl celebration. What a difference a space makes. Well we had our annual Souper bowl lunch at Broadmeadow today. We all bring soup and sides. I made a (if I do say so myself) perfect waldorf salad.
 
it is the perfect balance between sweet, tart and nutty. So Mary Grace called Ed while I was at church and asked how I make my ribs (also kind of perfect). Well he could not get them off his mind. It has been very rainy here all day. But we will do many yucky things for love , right? So I slog to Kroger figuring, no one will be there since it is so close to game time...wrong. Everyone else was there getting last minute nosh. I had to get a frozen rack of ribs. They were unloading them with a forklift. Good grief , its a football game not a feeding frenzy. They look similar however. Here is my secret to perfect ribs.
 

a good rub. paprika, red pepper, garlic powder, steak seasoning and a little (used to use a lot) of brown sugar.

foil lined pan
 

rubbed and ready to go in low oven 275 degrees for 2 1/2 hours
 

wrap them up tight
 

make some squash to offset calories
 

they come out all steamy and tender. put on grill and brush with favorite sauce.
 

I love this one. I add some of the juice from the foil. I think it helps with moisture of the sauce.
 

finished product ... so good
 
 
Pepper needed some woo. Well back to the terrible game. Poor Peyton. Looks like we may see Downton Abbey after all.








 


1 comment:

  1. Your barbecue looks delish . Any leftovers? No? Did not think so. MOM

    ReplyDelete