Search This Blog

Monday, February 10, 2014

Healthy competition

It's not really a competition. It's more of a sharing of our cooking. However, if it were a true contest, Mary Grace would win for presentation and substance.
 
 
Mine would win on the lower calorie scale. And really mine is about who is the Biggest Loser in the end. Right?

 
Team Amy always loses on presentation because I always end up taking a bite or two before I take the picture. I mean I'm starving here guys.
 
This pot of soup however was a big score for taste AND nutrition.
 
 
I used a leftover deli chicken carcass (isn't there a better word for that) to make broth, with onions, carrots and celery. With no soup veggies on hand, I threw in a can of tomatoes, white beans and red beans. A handful of whole wheat penne pasta and a potato finished it off. Of course when I gave Ed a bowl, he immediately spotted the kale. It actually is pretty good in soup. Don't forget poultry seasoning or thyme and juice of a lemon.


 

1 comment:

  1. Keep trying,














    Don't give up on Ed yet. He is on guard and you have to be tricky. I just had some more of my sweet potato and kale soup. Yummy. Mom


    ReplyDelete