Search This Blog

Thursday, February 6, 2014

center of attention

As promised, here are the pictures of the pottery. This was a huge awards luncheon. The Hilton staff is amazing. They got this huge space set up and ready in about an hour. Pam, Ivy and I were darting in and out setting our little pottery in the center. It turned out great. I used two colors of burlap and 4 types of greenery. We could not have done it all without Ivy's help. It was such a huge room.


Here is Pam buzzing around distributing greenery.
 

The pieces varied from tall vases...
 


to cute animals
 
 
I loved this footed bowl
 


Here is one on the dark burlap
 

Bully
 


I wish I had had Sophie or Paul to take pics. Mine look like all salad dressing and butter
 
 
 
 
This one is for you, Mom
 
 
Pam, ready to go . They came in like a stampede after this. Oops there is a vacuum cleaner.
 

Each table was labeled with which pottery company was represented . And DO NOT mix up Peter's with McCarty! McCarty has the distinctive black river mark. It can be hard to tell though.
 
I was starving by this time after hovering over all that salad and desserts. Came home and made this.
 
 
Not a good idea actually. I am still cold after eating it. These new crackers are pretty good, but I must say they remind me of those bird seed bells you hang in the yard.
 

Or worse...
 

 
 









2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful job. I hope they appreciated the work you all did. MOM
    P. S. You did buy the rabbit for me? Oh Not for sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't afford that rabbit!

    ReplyDelete