Search This Blog

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Our love took wings on Valentine's day

    Sorry Lucy, that was a bad one. This is what I made for our Valentine's dinner.

 
These are lemon pepper ones
 

These plain ones got doused with a mixture of ranch and this...
 

Depending on how hot you like them. I'm not going to point out who is the lightweight in this category. (Ed) I cut them myself and roast with no added oil.
 
 
Saffron rice ... new quest for healthy grits turned up this
 

Now corn is corn and is high on the glycemic index but this one is stone ground and unprocessed.
 

They were pretty good. I remember Dad saying that on the farm growing up, yellow corn was for the livestock and white was for people. This was pretty yellow. I pretended it was butter. And just for fun and not nutrition, I bought these eggs.
 
 
I just think they look pretty.


 


 

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is mostly about food these days. Believe me I understand. It's not a bad thing to be concerned about what we eat for everyone. And you are doing a bang up good job. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. We get bobs red mill products here. I use those coarse ground corn meal for grits too. I really like their muesli (I cook it like oats plus add a tablespoon of dried fruit). We use their almond meal instead of flour in muffins (like strawberry almond muffins). I use the buckwheat flour in banana bread (just a straight substitute for all purpose) and it makes it so much better and is healthier at the same time! I'm sure I use other ones but I can't think of any others in my pantry right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great ideas Ashley. Keep them coming. I'm still a novice at healthy!

      Delete