Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Brody and turnips

Thought I would post some pics of great nephew Brody on his 5 month birthday





Doesn't he look like David?
 
Ashley asked what my reasons were for my new health kick. My end of the year blood work suggested I lose weight and control blood sugar. I want to be around and healthy when I have one of these little ones to play with.
 
Here is my new sneaky way to avoid my beloved potatoes. I feel a bit like I'm cheating on them, but they were trying to kill me after all.
 
 
This is an old family favorite...swiss steak. I nestled in a peeled turnip for me. They are really good when cooked in the red sauce. Something is wrong with my oven , so I had to cook this on the stove top instead. It turned out well. Replacing the whole stove will be the next project.

1 comment:

  1. You can bury almost any thing in swiss steak I guess. I used to make that a lot. So good. Brodie is growing so fast. How cute he is. Stoves do die. Yours has served you well. MOM

    ReplyDelete