Search This Blog

Friday, January 31, 2014

Poor texter

...so its just a typical morning...checking in with my pastor about communion this Sunday...making lunch plans for Mom's girl birthday lunch...sending Ivy a snarky text about leaving home and leaving Toby alone upstairs. It went something like this...this is why we don't want you to take the dog upstairs, of course he peed and pooped in the dining room because he could not ask to go out this morning, etc. etc. blah blah . You know - momspeak. Well of course I sent it directly to Rev. Rob! I immediately sent an ooops and a emoticon of an embarrassed face. No reply. Yikes. Oh well its safe to say I'll set up a very nice communion table Sunday.


ok, this looked a lot better in person. It was my attempt at an egg mcmuffin or a naked eggs benedict. Not sure which it is. So as I ate it , I looked up healthy Hollandaise sauce. I guess I'll attempt that next. The original recipe is so perfect...butter, egg yolk , lemon juice. The fake ones use yogurt, lite mayo, sour cream and even buttermilk. Mom used to make a mock hollandaise with mayonnaise. It was pretty good on our Easter asparagus back in the day when all our asparagus came out of a can.
 
Speaking of the perfect mom, mine is 87 today! I could not have had a more loving, selfless, encouraging mother. She was great during our growing up and she is now an interesting, upbeat and funny friend to me. She sees the world and others with a most wonderful attitude. She always has a smile and is genuinely interested in what others have to say and offer. I also get to know that she has a wicked little sense of humor just in case I'm beginning to make her into a saint. So in honor of her today, let's all put on our rubber band bracelets that say what I always told my kids (natural and god children) W W D D. What would Dot do?
 

1 comment:

  1. WWDD? Well, sometime I am so unsure of "what to do", that I just fake it and keep my mouth shut also. Good advice, Not a Saint. MOM

    ReplyDelete