Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

oops forgot to mention

With all the good soups I have been making lately this came as a welcome surprise.


Sophie knew I had been looking for old soup spoons. She ran across these at Odds and Ends, one of our favorite junk shops. Miss Evelyn who owns it drives a hard bargain. Fortunately when Sophie had some time off over the holidays, Miss Evelyn was taking time off too. Why is that good? Her daughter was running the shop and she has a different attitude than her mama. She's more like "please take that junk out of our door!". So Soph got them for 25 cents . There are 15 of them so I can serve soup to 14 of my dearest friends and family. May even use them on my Hoppin John that I have cooking right now.

1 comment:


  1. I can't figure why new soup spoons are not made anymore At least that is what I think. . You were lucky to find old ones. Makes you want to have a soup party. Mom


    ReplyDelete