Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Dogs and food

 
Dear 2014, Welcome to my blog. Hope you come up with some better material to work with than your predecessor, 2013. Of course there were lots of good things and many things that were funny. But there were some really gut wrenching awful things. On the last day of 2013, I helped my friend pick out a headstone for her husband.. Let's not go there again, Ok? First off we have to deal with this blood sugar, weight loss thing that 2013 left for us to deal with.
 
 
Ok, I got major credit for this one. And I get major credit for this next one, because not only is it bursting with super foods (be careful this soup might punch you in the face), but it contains kale.
 
 
After a disastrous foray into homemade kale chips :/ Ed declared that kale would never cross his lips again. This soup was so good that he ate a huge bowl.
  I went to Kroger to load up on healthy food to have on hand. It was hard and I was not alone in my mission. All over the store people were crowded around the fresh veggies, the organic aisle and the whole grain bread display. The yogurt section was clogged with people reading labels and trying to select the healthiest possible choice. And so many choices. Greek, active live cultures (is that safe?), low fat, no fat, no sugar, plain, liquid yogurt(!), granola included, whipped(?) and is that the brand that keeps Jamie Lee Curtis regular? And if it is Greek yogurt, why does it have a Japanese name? Just saying. I bought one tub of Greek , all natural vanilla yogurt. It was ok...tasted a bit like someone had stirred a bit of vinegar or club soda into my cup.
 
So it was with pride that I glided into my line at the check out. This was a buggy to be proud of. I smiled as I laid out my fresh veggies. I beamed as the whole grain crackers and hummus rolled down the black belt. I groaned when I picked up  the loaf of Oatnut, whole grain bread...dang that thing was so heavy. I gloated as I watched the person ahead of me unload sale Christmas candy, chips and sugary sodas. In fact my groceries were so healthy I halfway expected them to jog home.
On to dogs...
 

 here are the Woolverton dogs. Cute and cuter.
Gibbs and Ellie
 
 
Toby and Truffles
 
 
I was napping between them.
 
 

 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Yeh! for my daughter. I am so sorry if I am to blame for this blood sugar thing, but you seem to be doing it right. It will get easier and soon I bet you will be good go. Healthy foods are pretty good after all--just a state of mind. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...no one causes this. I may have to send my super foods over there to teach you a lesson!

    ReplyDelete