Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

fruits of my labor

Remember the beautiful blue berries I showed you? Well I used them in centerpieces for one of my clients. They always have a big party in January for all the interns. I wanted to look very wintery and natural. When she showed me her napkin colors, I knew what to do...

 
Pull out the Ball jars

 
I got them from Sophie. Went out on the pipeline (green space behind our house) and cut fig branches, eucalyptus and navy blue privet berries .
 
 
here they are Mom all packed up and ready to go on their next adventure. You know I love my job. Where else can you be creative, set your own hours and dress like this?
 
 
I even have co-workers who agree when it is time to take a break
 

Ok , so I did have to get dressed like a designer to deliver and arrange the tables.
 
 
Recent purchase ...antique table for twelve ( 6 leaves !) New cute fabric on seats
 

Allison (best client ever, we did this house from the slab up together) and Nutmeg
 
 
 Tables all over the downstairs. Notice the great décor and finishes
 

Hope they had fun... On another note... healthy pot redux.
 
I love pot roast. It is a staple on our menu. I healthied it up tonight. Lean cut of meat, carrots, fennel root, mushrooms, turnip and one or two red potatoes for Ed. I added a splash of leftover bloody mary mix (Zing Zang)  wow...2 hours later
 
 
tender, yummy, healthy  I think I can do this

 
trusty side dish, cabbage, don't cook too long...that's the key
 


 
 

 

 

 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. How exciting!! It reminded me of when I used to fix tables at church.. I always did them at home and boxed them up for the ride to church. Your arrangements looked gorgeous. I bet they were the talk of the party I know you loved doing that job. . Also the pot roast looked good too. Mom

    ReplyDelete