Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

gone to pot

What? Gone to pot was one of Dad's sayings. I'm not really sure where it came from , but it meant things had gone really bad. This is not the case here. I had leftover roasted chicken. Usually I make a chicken pot pie using cream of mushroom soup, canned veggies and refrigerated pie crust. It was always good. In search of healthier fare I turned to Martha, as in Martha Stewart, my hero. Here is her healthy take on the traditional pie.


 
forget gray canned soup, fresh white sauce with carrots and onion
 

big ole hunks of deli roasted chicken breast
 
 
The crust is frozen phyllo...very light and crisp. It is like paper. I did it without Mary Grace!
 
 
ready to go in the oven. Toby left his treat on the table 
 

Aaaah , you can tell I cooked alone. Kitchen disaster
 

Toasty brown and bubbly
 
 
accompanied by free veggie yellow squash
 
 
I've lost 5ish pounds. And eating good stuff like this!
Maybe I will tell you about my skinny burrito if you would like????
 


 




 

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you!! That chicken pot pie would make even old Martha look twice. Of course she had kitchen clean up help and prep too. But it is worth it to be loosing weight. We all need you healthy. Mom

    ReplyDelete