Search This Blog

Thursday, January 16, 2014

life without white potatoes

...well y'all know one of my favorite foods is white potatoes. Maybe it is the Irish background, (I have no proof that our family is from Irish descent, but most southerners have a bit of green blood), but I love that lily white spud. So my new favorite way to control blood sugar and lose weight, is the "plate method". Hey stop looking for the punch line...I'm serious here. So the ADA recommends that each plate you eat should look like this...

 
Half the plate should be green or low starch veggies and fruits. One fourth the plate protein and the other fourth should be complex carbs (whole grain foods, starchy veggies). So if you look closely there are two little heavenly roasted red skinned potatoes just nestled in with the roasted cabbage, carrots and garlic. I roasted them all together with olive oil and Trader Joe's 21 seasoning salute in the same 350 oven with that crazy good turkey meatloaf .
 
In other news, puppies will be puppies. Lucy screamed when she looked out on the deck to see what Gibbs had done.

Total devastation of a potted plant. That is it's poor bare root ball in the center.
 
 
He is so sorry...but I'm pretty sure he did it with glee, because look at the plant stem in his hair. Once he realized we were laughing. (As Homer Simpson used to say "You laughed, now I'm off the hook") , he came up and licked the window. Yuck.

Later that night I sent Lucy a text and this picture of our nice quiet house (hers was a bit loud). She was trying to study

 
She sent this one back with one word...Cruel
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment