Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

more austere food

Oh for heaven's sake ... am I serious? Yes, Candy made this lunch for MG and I. It was going to be fajitas, but she felt guilty for ruining my squeaky clean record and made this. After evaluating the nutrition information of the "carb balance" tortillas we hurled them across the kitchen into the trash (literally, they fly like Frisbees). I've learned to beware of fake added fiber. A nice glass of Pinot Grigio is a much better way to spend your carb portion. We had a productive morning decluttering and designing bookcase space. Oops , should have taken before and after pics.
 
 
So, how did I do at home when I cooked?
 

Well , it was good enough that I ate some before remembering to take this. That is scalloped tomatoes. I made Linda's old recipe healthier with whole wheat croutons and spray oil instead of butter. Still very good
 
 
good enough that these catfish were circling the dock
 

Sorry beggars...these days I will fight you for the grub! So for now, off to walk and then to take Mom to buy a new mattress. 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment