Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

More eggsellent news...

...it happened.
 

One of Mary Grace and Ryan's chickens laid an egg. The next day I was over there and another one laid another one and I saw it happen! She seemed surprised by it. It is odd to me that they don't seem to feel motherly about the whole thing. Guess that is good though. More fun news from the farm.
 

Wedding registry at Belk. Y'all know I love eggplant, so it pains me to tell you of the crime I committed to one.
 

Found a recipe in Come On In (great cookbook). Oven fried eggplant sticks. Look good don't they? And hey no comments on the state of my pan. They were terrible. Hard crust , almost no texture to the eggplant. I tried comeback sauce, honey mustard, ketchup...all would have tasted better on cardboard strips. Guess I'll have to buy another eggplant and try to make it up to that vegetable.
 
Had coffee at the pool with Candy and her new boyfriend.
 
 
She likes them like her coffee...tall and dark.
 


1 comment:

  1. You are full of news today. What a beautiful egg. What happened to it? You would think that eggplant would be good. It looks good. Looks don't mean everything. That child Ivy is holding looks so much like her. It is amazing. Tall, dark and "mean"? MOM

    ReplyDelete