Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

2 pound challenge

Well after my good doctor report, I began to slip a little in my eating. I'm ashamed to say I even gained back a few pounds. Sorry to report Lucy has done the same. We decided to have a little game to help make it interesting. We have resolved to lose 2 pounds each this week. We will celebrate by sharing frozen yogurt. Only 2 pound losers get to have it. Ooooo, maybe non losers should watch the loser eat theirs. Anyway I'm off to a good start. Eating out is both of our downfall. Here is dinner last night.
 
 
My rule is half the plate produce, one fourth protein and one fourth whole grain. That is pepper steak (or something like it that I managed to make by pawing around in the fridge so I would not have to go to the store) made out of leftover steak. Shhh don't tell Ed it is leftovers.
 
Went dorm shopping with Lu.
 


Bed Bath and Beyond had it all. Too bad you can't see a picture of her stuff. You will just have to enjoy this shot of my bra strap.
 
Here is my favorite new gadget.
 

It looks like a piece of manicotti but it is a garlic peeler. I love fresh garlic but hate to peel it. You just put a clove of garlic in it and roll it on the counter and the peeled clove rolls out. Amazing. It is just a sleeve of rubbery plastic. Great birthday gift. Thanks, Jan.
 
Now it is raining, so the pool is out. Need something I can do inside. Any suggestions? Ivy just woke up and allowed me to share the shocking experience with y'all.
 

Yikes. Due to an unfortunate hair dye incident her hair is not in the best of shape. However it has a shape all it's own. 


 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Yes get back up and on the diet wagon. No not diet--just plain good and right. Take me with you. I would be better to loose a little too. Let the bra strap show--it is in style. It is fun to shop for someone else, especially if she is your godchild.
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom. I am a little you. Just saying

    ReplyDelete