Search This Blog

Friday, July 11, 2014

Pig in a Poke

What do you do with an abundance of cucumber? Put them in vinegar with onion and dill. Almost no calories
 
 
Summer thunderstorms keep rolling in from nowhere these days.
 

Not everyone likes them.
 
I love this picture. Candy, Chris, Lucy and I met MG and Ryan yesterday morning at Another Broken Egg. She had just come from a minor medical procedure (she is fine), but she was tired.
 

Lucy and I
 
 
Mom and daughter
 

Somehow did not get Chris. Don't we all look pleased with out ridiculously expensive brunch in our bellies?
 
This morning, my breakfast that cost a 100th of the cost of the restaurant meal.
 

The girls and I always called this a Pig in a Poke. Not sure why , some people call it Egg in a hole. I used to cut it like that so they could easily eat it flying out the door to school.
 
Fun Friday! Brody came to the pool!
 

He loved it. Jan's friend Carol came with her granddaughter too. Two grannies!
 

Brody enjoying his whatever those things are. Then he got a little of the pizza we were eating.
 

Not sure if you can see but one of those storms came up and we grabbed the baby and huddled under the umbrella. It poured for about 10 minutes and then left. It is so fun to be going to this same pool with the next generation.




 

1 comment:

  1. PIG IN A POKE REALLY DOES NOT MAKE SENCE -I THINK WE MADE THE NAME UP. I ACTUALLY HAD ONE THIS WEEK TOO. BET IT DID NOT COST LIKE YOURS. O WELL IT'S THE PLACE AND COMPANY THAT COUNTS. MOM

    ReplyDelete