Search This Blog

Saturday, July 19, 2014

New times and old times

Book Club at Sue's is always a treat, and a healthy one at that. I easily stayed on my best eating behavior. She started us off with juice shots. Pam had requested that she share her breakfast smoothie with us.
 
 
It has kale, spinach, celery, cucumber, lemon juice, avocado and I'm sure I left out something. Very tasty ...a little weird texture. She has this for breakfast and says she is not hungry until lunch!
 
 
Caesar salad , with homemade dressing and nutty croutons (no bread in them), mango salsa, quinoa salad and barbecued chicken strips. 

 
All so good. Did a little antiquing with Sophie and MG Saturday.

 
This gate was just like the one at our house on Meadowridge Drive. Pennants like these may appear at the wedding.

 
This was scary. Why does he need wheels?

 
I adore this old Art Deco clock and visit it when ever I am in the antique mall. Wish it was mine.

 
Oh , the perfect glasses for the wedding toast. The iridescent plastic ivy rose base is so Mary Grace and Ryan. Not.

 
Should have picked up this little gem, but was afraid he would get me in the night. You know how clowns are.

 
Biggest score ever. Sophie dug through a big old basket of linens when Mary Grace and I would have given up. Look at these gorgeous things! Exactly what we needed to solidify the look they want for the wedding. Don't want to show too much. Shhhhh.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I would have loved to be on that trip. I loved the things you pictured. Especially the clown. Where is this Mall? Do you have a blender? MOM

    ReplyDelete