Search This Blog

Friday, July 18, 2014

Day 4

I'm happy and sad. Lucy has already met the 2 pound goal. She has raised her goal to 4 pounds. Oh , that dreaded aging process. I just hope she shows mercy on froyo day (highly unlikely). Here are some culinary highlights.
 

Got to use my second gadget gift from Jan, a pepper corer. Made this job much easier. All winter I curse at bell pepper prices when I know how bountiful they are in summer.
 

Here they are all stuffed and steamy. I first learned to love these at the Mississippi State cafeteria. The cafeteria back then was a huge old building that resembled a cathedral. Mom never cooked with peppers when I was growing up due to Dad's gastric issues. Back then ulcers were treated with diet and antacids. Maybe these are the good old days.
 
 
Made fresh green beans. Read all the online suggestions and then just did it my way. Hey, that piece of bacon only had 30 calories.
 
 
My favorite almost no calorie veg...squash.
 
 
Went a little nutso in the produce area all around. Got so excited to get asparagus for $1.99 that I didn't follow my buy only US produce rule. Oh well there are needy folks in Peru too I guess. Contrary to most advice, I like the big fat spears. I think I'll grill them with steak.
 
Ok here is a thing that always makes me happy...and no calories a all
 

Starting on Harms bathrooms. I took these over and she picked the green tumbled glass. She asked her husband what he liked and he said (and this is a gruff ex marine) I love them all. Sigh...I'm good at something still.
 
 
 
 



2 comments:

  1. Sorry you didn't make your goal. Better next time. I want a stuffed bell pepper!!!! You are good at everything you do. Take that from a mom.
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. The challenge isn't over until Monday! I may make it yet.

    ReplyDelete