Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

2 pound challenge day 2

So determined were we to stay on track, that we swam in the rain.
 

Looks a bit ominous, doesn't it
 
Had lunch with my UMW circle (church group) at Olive Garden. Our group of 10 was seated next to a very loud group of 12 or so people doing some kind of business meeting. Half our folks are hard of hearing anyway so very little conversation got heard. I'm probably the youngest member, but I enjoy these ladies with their wit and wisdom. I also thoroughly enjoy my new nickname given me by the oldest member...Tadpole. Where else can a 55 (56?) year old have that moniker? In case you are wondering how I fared in the menu department...soup and salad...minestrone.
 
Dinner was austere as well.
 

Maybe a little too pitiful because I went back and had another piece of chicken and more roasted sweet potatoes. Fresh rosemary makes the potatoes. I noticed that Ed ate very little of his dinner. Not sure if it is the light fare or the pretzels he and Toby shared earlier. Either way I think I better bring on the beef for tonight.



2 comments:

  1. 10 is a good number. TADPOLE!! I like it. At least better than Peewee. My boss at the bank called me that. Who is the oldest? MOM

    ReplyDelete