Search This Blog

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pass a long plants

I know that we are a sentimental bunch...we Ellis's that is. After church this morning Mom gave this plant to Sophie.
 

It is the plant that we used for their wedding cake decorations. That's not it's only family connection though. Mom has had it for many years, first at Riverwood and the past 3 years on the balcony of St. C's. Before that it belonged to my sweet Aunt D...pot and all. It has to be 30 years old or more. It is in a clay strawberry pot which has little pockets in the sides. Let me know if you want a start from it!
 
For lunch after church we met MG and Ryan at Sal and Phil's. If you haven't been lately you need to go. 2 younger men have bought it and have made nice changes. The seafood is excellent and the homemade slaw is perfect. Mary Grace enjoyed crab legs (boy did she!). Ryan had stuffed crabs and Mom swooned over an oyster po boy. I had stuffed flounder.
 

Yes , that is crabmeat on top! The owners are friends of MG and Ryan and he comped the meal. So if you want a great meal patronize this old favorite with a new face.
 
Big disappointment at Freshmarket. I went for the Taste of Summer sampling event. I got there at 4:00 and summer was tasted out . There were empty tables strewn with crumbs and wilting garnish. I went to buy some cod for the grill which was on sale and a surly seafood worker said WE DON'T HAVE ANY! Yikes , must have been a crazy event. Got Ed a New York strip (they still had that) and boneless chicken thighs for me (and Ivy if she takes a break from potato chips as a steady diet).
 

I think they will be good...actually I know because I sneaked a bite...see it? I'm afraid to weigh tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I'm not the biggest loser.

Here's the last dinner of the challenge week. If I don't lose 2 pounds, can I still get a medal for good try?

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy your blog. I was there for some of your comments, but you tell it so good. MOM

    ReplyDelete