Search This Blog

Sunday, March 30, 2014

the cruelest fruit...

...pears. They are the best of fruits , they are the worst of fruits. You buy them in a rock hard unripe state. You baby them. You place them lovingly in a bowl with a lovely view. You watch them and hope for the best. You pinch them softly to see if they are just soft enough. You decide they are just right and slice them. They will either be the grainiest , least flavorful thing you have ever eaten...or...the most delicious , sweetest , juiciest fruit ever. There is no in between.


I took a chance and purchased this one. I will keep you posted on our journey. We are still at the rock hard stage.
 
Okay. Dinner tonight will be Honey mustard pork chops and grilled corn. I have never cooked corn this way , but Bobby Flay guided me.
 
 
Husks are left on. A few mushrooms sautéed.
 
 
They look good and browned.

Pork chops as usual look great with a tan.
 
 
Leftover communion naan got grilled as well.
 

Sprayed it with olive oil spray and put it directly on the grill.
 
New purchase for our bathroom...new towel rack. The big jar y'all may remember from the Sea Monkey story. My mamaw kept them or guppies in this big ole jar. I put in glass balls from Kalalou. Love that place. Also notice the aluminum tray. That pressed aluminum was all the rage in the early part of the 20th century. I would love to collect more.
 


 




 

1 comment:

  1. I loved your pear saga. I know what you mean about that green one. Don't know what it is called. I can never tell if they are ripe. I have split them and put butter an cinnamon and a sprinkle of brown sugar and cooked them in the microwave as I cook apples. Good. Pork chops looked good too. Careful with the communion bread. You may feel too good. MOM

    ReplyDelete