Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Falling off the diet wagon

...it's more like I fell under it and it rolled over me. It started here.

Jerry's catfish igloo. I've seen this restaurant for years on Hwy 49 near Richland. Paul and Sophie told us it was great. Well it was but I couldn't resist the fried catfish.

It was soooo good. I must report that Mom was virtuous and ordered hers grilled.

The tables were plastered with business ads. It was a little disconcerting to eat my greens with this lady looking at me.
Next adventure. When a planned trip fell through I had to come up with an alternate plan.

My willing cohort. We set off in search for vintage vinyl (records). We headed for Raymond, but missed it. How do you miss a town? We came upon these great pecan groves. They are owned by the Bass pecan company.

Wish I was a painter. This would be a perfect scene.


Our destination. The Little Big store. It was an old depot. It was such an old hippie place.


There was even incense burning.


Yes , that is Lynard Skynard.

Mary Grace bought me this copy of the first 45 I ever purchased myself. I love the 69 cent price tag.

I asked to use the restroom and was directed to go through the bead curtain, out the door and around the side to this.
Next we went to eat where the locals lunch. Now remember we have both been on diets.

It was ridiculously good. I had artichoke crusted tilapia. She had country fried steak. I assume hers was good. Obviously I did not get a bite.
Then we explored the town. Apparently nothing has happened there since the Civil War.

Enlarge and read the inscription.


Found a cool old cemetery.


Looks like Sarah broke out.

Here are more pics. Skip if you aren't interested.


Confederate dead were peaceful.



Well, back on the diet wagon


Headed to lunch...

















No comments:

Post a Comment