Search This Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2014

The chew

...or grazing on the grass. Mom likes to give her poems alternate titles to give more insight into the subject. So , Candy is on the diet train with us all now. She made this impromptu lunch for us.


It was a coleslaw made with cabbage, carrots, cucumber, pumpkin seeds and golden raisins in a dressing with rice vinegar and I'm not sure what else. Yummy and fibrous. So we chewed and talked and chewed and chewed some more.
 
I like to save glass jars with lids to reuse. They are good for leftovers and to take food to someone in need. Well this jar of pasta sauce was not a willing candidate. There was glue under almost all of the label and it would not succumb to soaking or scrubbing. I am not willing to go to any other effort to remove the label such as solvents, etc. So I decided to send an email to Fresh Market and tell them! I mean, that seems to me like a waste of glue and could possibly be counter to their eco friendly ways.
We will see what they say. I told them I would tell my blog followers.
 
 
Here is a little story about making the best of things. A neighbor attempted to cut down some huge Bradford pear trees a couple of weeks ago. It must have proved too big a job for him because it basically looked like an axe murder had happened. The jagged stumps were left looming in the yard. But look what happened over the last few days.
 

See the little blooming branch. I'm not sure if it is a symbol of survival or a flag of surrender. 
 


1 comment:

  1. I get brave on the internet. It seems you are too. Be careful--you might get an answer. I have from time to time. I just had to laugh as I have the same trouble with labels that wont give up the glue. Must be pretty powerful stuff. MOM

    ReplyDelete