Search This Blog

Thursday, March 6, 2014

how did you start your day?

...as for me it was cleaning up a little pet mess. And when I say little I really mean huge and disgusting. Ed woke me with the gentle words "Truffles threw up in  the den". Oh and did he say it was a squirrel she threw up ? and where? of course on the rug. I respect all y'all enough to not post of picture. Ugh. Next topic.

Candy texted shortly after that episode to say ..."Let's go bury Joseph" . It is a Catholic tradition to bury a small statue of St. Joseph in the yard of a house for sale to ask his help with the sale. I knew I had a small plastic Joseph in a manger scene that I had volunteered. I replied "I'm on my way".


Joseph and I picked Candy up and set off. Tradition says to plant him head first facing the house right up front. Older ways involved threatening the saint, saying "you will remain with your head in the dirt until this house sells!". Newer thinking emphasizes faith and prayer. I decided that Candy would threaten and I would cover the faith portion. I mean...each to their strengths. So on a crazy cold morning, we did the deed.
 
 
If Joseph comes through, we are to dig him up and put him in a place of prominence in the new home and give him credit. I promise! What can it hurt?
 
Kitchen update. So far love the stove.
 


Breakfast looks good on it.
 


Healthy quiche.
 


Mixed reviews. Phyllo dough. Evaporated milk instead of half and half. Asparagus, Spinach, green onions, ham and swiss cheese 


 


1 comment:

  1. Can you imagine if in the distant future, someone accidently digs Joseph up. What will they think? Just a thought. It all sounds a little creepy. Hope it works. Mom

    ReplyDelete