Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

bad hair day

Now you must understand that my hair has never been my best feature. Back in the early 70's when long straight basically flat hair was what everyone wanted, I was good to go. When the late part of that decade rolled around, big hair was the thing. Then I had to get perms to poof it up. One old college yearbook photo has my do actually touching the edges of the picture. Wow , what a proud day that was. I used to say that we would only be happy when our hair was wider than our hips. Had to abandon that notion when it became apparent that a 3 foot wide hairdo was impractical. Last summer's beach trip had us all going through old pictures from previous beach years. I was voted most varieties of hair styles. I've tried them all. Maybe I'll do a hair blog...

Anyway back to the present. On a clear, cool, non-humid day, my hair can look ok. We have had a few of those lately. So I couldn't figure out why my hair looked so bad. It was flat as a pancake from the get go and got progressively worse. Next morning I decided to check out the shampoo I had used.


Can you spot the problem? Hey I was just trying to get a little body here. Can you blame me? BODY wash. I promise you they were together on the shelf. Oh well , at least I know my hair is not that bad.

1 comment:

  1. I have heard your story, but you paint a vivid picture too. Doris Jones is speaking to our Creative Writers Group today at 2 I must run and learn something from her. Mom

    ReplyDelete