Search This Blog

Thursday, July 9, 2020

Quarantine shoulders on



They are here! Chilton County peaches. They would be better enjoyed at the beach but you know...quarantine. No comments on the rest of the bowl contents. They got me thinking about peach cobbler. They are too good to waste in cobbler so I bought some canned peaches. 



I know this sounds crazy but you put in peaches.  Then yellow cake mix gets packed in and then you pour SPRITE over it all. It bubbles up like this. 



Some kind of chemical magic happens. 



It comes out crunchy on top and gooey inside. 



And then this of course. 



So good. Want more mushrooms? 



Apparently orange is the new black. 




Doughnut. 



This log is lichen orange as well. 





Love this little guy. 



Orange popsicle. 



More puffballs. 





These 2 were so delicate. 





Some of my focus was not good because I was so stinking hot and mosquitoes were also enjoying the weather along with my blood. 



Look at this big ole boss hog. 



A little perspective. 



Tending like we are at the beach. Yes. The corn was good. And then this finally happened. 



Perfect backyard tomatoes. Chris grew them. They were the best part of a BLT that couldn’t wait to be photographed. 



And then because spending hours chopping, boiling etc seemed like a good idea. I made soup on the hottest day of the year. It is Pasta a Fagoli soup. Turned out good. 



And finally there is this. Been waiting for the library to get it. Yes, I’m ok. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!!! What a blog. I can not get over the mushrooms in your yard. Are you sure you can't use them for something? Research maybe. And the cobbler looks good and easy, who thought that one up? Gulf Shores is on my mind too. (peaches). MOM

    ReplyDelete