Search This Blog

Friday, July 24, 2020

Quarantine bakes

When I get a craving nothing can cure it but eating it. 



Carrot cake got on my mind. I made a half recipe. This recipe goes back to my days of working at the downtown McRae’s. Oh how much fun was that?!? My friend Sue got me the job in the junior department. We had access to the bargain basement. There was fabulous stuff that was really great designer stuff. I bought some great things down there. I even got a pair of soft , thin gorgeous leather gloves that I still wear. Gloves in that time came in sizes so they fit...like a glove. 



Darlene was a few years older than us, married with a young child and way more sophisticated than us. She brought great desserts for us and the guys in menswear across the aisle from us. 



I went to work in 4 inch stiletto heels , tight black jeans , tuxedo shirt and menswear vests ( ala Annie Hall). 



More cat yoga. 



Trixie. 



Tried to replicate McAllister’s chicken tortilla soup. Pretty good. 



My cutie. 

1 comment:

  1. YES as we say "those were the days" I went to work in heels too. So crazy. But what are "young days" for I worked with girls who had much more savvy than me too. Learned a lot. Thanks for the memories. MOM

    ReplyDelete