Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

the gambler

Here is our latest weather condition...fog. Very strange. Temperatures are supposed to be in the 70's today and back down to the 20's on Thursday. I guess March came in like a lamb.
 
 
Post workout meal, Candy made tuna patties with ridiculously good garlic ginger sauce. I can remember when I was a kid and took swimming lessons at the YWCA downtown. Y'all may know the building as the Old Capital Inn. The pool was in the basement. After a lesson I was always starving and Mom would let me get a candy bar out of the vending machine. For some reason I had a bit of an obsession with things obtained from a machine, just ask Mom. The huge bank of gumball machines in the A&P drove me (and consequently her) crazy. It wasn't just gum in those machines, oh no. There were toys and rings and bouncy balls and little fake moustaches that clipped in your nostrils...I could go on. Remember? All were encased in little plastic globes of joy.  I really  think that Mom worried about me becoming a gambler because of it. You see you never knew what you would get. The front showed all the great things you could possibly get, but you could end up with a piece of gum.
 
 
As a result, I almost always let my girls put money in the machine. And it is  possible that I have not fully recovered from this problem...because look what is on my dashboard currently.
 

Oops , I was trying for a pug but the machine gave me a sharpei. 
 
Just a funny for Candy (and all parents of teenagers).
 
 
Great dinner. Hot and sweet pork chops with Cuban black beans and yellow rice.


 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Yes the machines were a problem, but in hindsight--I did like the rush of expectation too!!!! You were relentless and never gave up. MOM

    ReplyDelete