Search This Blog

Monday, March 16, 2015

Google doodles

Do you ever wonder who looks at the Google doodles? They are those little pictures that show up on Google searches. I would be that person who reads them all. They highlight holidays, little known trivia and very often artists. Today's doodle was fascinating so I'm forcing y'all to enjoy it with me. My Dad always said he knew a little bit about a lot of things and I am the same way. I'm just curious. My friend Amy does not understand that and finds my curiosity weird. Any way look at these images.
 
 
These are some of the first photographic images ever made. Anna Atkins was a scientist in the early 1800's. She made these images using a method called cyanotype. Actual plants were placed on the light sensitive paper and exposed. The Prussian blue varies according to length of exposure. She created the first photography book with hundreds of these images of British seaweed.

 
The images are so beautiful.

 
I remember doing similar experiments with the Girl Scouts.

 
The details are amazing.

 

 
Google her if you want to see more. Lesson over.
 
 
Sunday lunch ended up being brunch. Saltine has started Sunday service. You have got to love a Bloody Mary with a boiled peanut in it!

 
Stopped by S&P's house. They are constantly surprised by the previous gardener's delights.
 
 
This is what we came to see. How does she manage to find such great stuff!

 
It is really long...see? Does this sofa make my behind look big? Check out more details about her find on her blog. Just click on Hawthorne Life right up there on the right side of this blog.
 

1 comment:

  1. I look at them but do not research them. Maybe I take after someone in the family after all!!!! Ha

    ReplyDelete