Search This Blog

Monday, March 23, 2015

local update

I know I'm in the middle of a continuing story post but huge local news has to be reported. As anyone who has gotten anywhere near Madison knows...Sam's is coming to town. Now I have made major fun of the ridiculous architecture in my little town. But this monolith threatens to take the cake...the big ole overdecorated cake. The cake with icing so thick it overwhelms the cake. Mom and I have been tracking the progress. First it was elaborate brick work. Next it was enormous fake arch windows. Then it was crown molding that was LITERALLY 15 feet tall. But just you wait. Look what I think is coming.
 

Columns. They are all wrapped up waiting to be applied. I was so afraid we might not get COLUMNS. Please realize the scale of this building. I am about 200 feet away.
 
 
Check out Candy's front planters. I have not seen little flowers like those ones in back right outside of a Dr. Seuss book. So cute.
 

 
Lenten flowers. Time has gone so fast. Palm Sunday this Sunday.
 
Byram Pizza Shack has far surpassed all expectations. Ryan says the people are so great and welcoming. I stopped by Sunday and they were taking a day off.
 

I'm not sure I've ever seen him look so tired. The dogs were soo happy he was home.
 
Now back to Brown home tour.
 
 



1 comment: