Search This Blog

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Battlefields

On these ridiculously cold, drippy, dark and cloudy days, everybody craves a bowl of chili (which is a dumb name for hot, steamy dish if you think about it). This pot turned out really well considering I accidentally bought taco seasoning instead. I added a little chili  powder and it was great.
 
 
One of my favorite ways to eat it is with Fritos on the bottom. We used to get Frito chili pies at
Sonic while at Mississippi State.

 
Anyway, did my label check expecting the worst.

 
What? 3 ingredients?

 
Much lower sodium than most snacks and no sugar. So I did a little research and found some interesting facts. Fritos were invented by a man who was a vegetarian and a health nut. He intended his chips to be used as a topping or a small snack. His daughter (who took fruit and nuts to school in her lunch!) said  he would be horrified to see the turn his snack company has taken and the volume of snacks we consume now.
 
Then this epic fight for territory happened. They all want the chair closest to the fire.

 
Pepper makes a bid.

 
Punches are thrown.

 
Junior remains.

 
The chili became WLB this  morning on cornbread, which I'm sure had more sugar in it than Fritos.
 
Talk about epic battles...while schools and businesses were closed, the mall remained open. Mary Grace needed new work pants. I'm sure finding pants is not much fun for anyone, but for short curvy girls it is a real battle. We bravely entered the Belk petite department.
 

 
This is our SECOND round of try ons. I was so proud of her. She didn't give up. We found the perfect size and style and bought them in 4 colors. Ha ha take that you wardrobe foes.

1 comment:

  1. I want some of your chili !!!!I loved the 'CAT FIGHT." I am beginning to have cabin fever. MOM

    ReplyDelete