Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

approaching Lent

One of my favorite church services is the Jazz Mardi Gras celebration. Southern Komfort band plays for us. The flowers were especially beautiful too.
 
 
We always end up on the porch of the church for a few songs.

 
The kids (and a few old folks) dance.

 
Went out to pick the last of the jonquils and found them frozen.

 
That is literally ice on the petals.  After a little while in the warmth inside, they thawed out and opened up.

 
Tuesday happened to be our Circle meeting. Here I am with Helen the queen of Broadmeadow. I said "let's take a selfie!" and she leaned right in like a pro.

 
You can see we did it with style...and tiaras.

 
Got a little dose of Dupree too.

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty luncheon. Takes me back. You were lucky with the jonquils. I love the young and old selfie. She is the "Queen" Nice size group.

    MOM

    ReplyDelete