Search This Blog

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day

Book Club was right between anniversary and Valentine's Day. Pam hosted and as always the table was beautiful.
 
 
It was all so beautiful and we love to sit around her big ole round table. The book The Snowman, by Jo Nesbo was great but decidedly very unromantic. It was a murder mystery by a Norwegian. Kathy knows an exchange student from there, so we had fun learning some of their pronunciations.

 
The menu was great - chicken and homemade dressing with salad and butterbeans.

 
But hang on, the best was kept for last.

 
What else can I say except don't take my blood sugar anytime soon.
 
I woke up to find this.

 
I was ridiculously pleased with that little bear. He has never done anything like that before. He said he wanted to get the huge squishy one but was embarrassed to carry it to checkout.
 
Next we were off to buy a new mattress. Ours had become to resemble a hammock for two.
 
 
I even got Ed in Homegoods. I think he liked it. At least we didn't make a surgical strike to the linens. We actually wandered around a bit. I sneaked this pic of him. Shhhhh!

1 comment: