Search This Blog

Friday, February 13, 2015

32 years and counting

 
 Woke up to a sweet card on our 32nd anniversary. I think it is going to last don't y'all? I put a card in his lunch. He has started taking his lunch every day. The food at his work cafeteria used to be great but has deteriorated. I should probably start a series on Ed lunch. Today he had a chicken salad wrap.
 

 
This is one of my favorite pictures from the wedding.
 
 
We are in the get away car about to drive away into our new life, after a trip to Mexico. So much fun. Don't I look like I am about to grab him and eat him up? Poor guy, he didn't know what he was getting into.
 
So for our anniversary dinner I made one of both of our favorites...hot  wings.
 

These were lemon pepper. I added in some whole mushrooms for me. I forgot to take a picture once they were crispy and delicious looking. Trust me they were.
 
So a new problem (obsession) I have is checking labels. I've been trying to eat whole foods for a long time, so I got a shock when I started noticing some condiments I use to cook with. Check out this terrifying label on something I use often.
 

 
This is chicken bouillon cubes,  or as I will from here on out refer to as little cubes of death. The only reference to chicken is way down on the list as chicken fat. See it right near tricalcium phosphate? So I decided to take matters into my own hands, or pots as it were.
 

The chicken wing tips from tonight's wings ( I buy them whole and cut them myself), went into a pot. Put in onion, celery tops, lemon juice and a little salt and pepper, then simmered it.
 

Strained it.
 

It looked great. Oh  and it was free too.
 

Put  it in the freezer for later use. Aren't I virtuous? 




1 comment:

  1. Yeah. I thought it would last. He was a cutie and so were you. Still (as they say) make a handsome couple) Oh those labels will get you. Especially when you may not even understand what you red. You are smart to make your own . You could freeze them in ice cube containers but I guess that is taking it too far. Save a few of the valentines for later. I read some I saved this morning --they were bittersweet. MOM

    ReplyDelete