Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

sure sign of Spring

Went out in the way backyard and saw this.
 
 
Picked a few and took them inside. I had taken an almost open bud  to Mom  to watch unfurl.

 
On our way home from church Sunday, Mom asked me to swing by the Riverwood house. Dad had transplanted hundreds of these in their backyard. They were not quite open so we will check again next week. We like thinking about the new owners being surprised with their extravagant display. Mom did have a few comments on the new lawn "ornaments" and such. Tee hee.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I did so enjoy the pictures of the bulbs. Sure brings Riverwood back to mind. Truman loved to transplant them and I do hope the new owners appreciate them. Your camera's eye really captured the color. So brilliant. I an glad you have them in your backyard. Thank you------MOM

    ReplyDelete