Search This Blog

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Big fish and shish kabobs

This will take a little explaining. Since I was a kid I have been fascinated by whale sharks. I had a set of child science encyclopedias that had great color plates of animals. My favorite was the under sea page. Whale sharks are not whales but the largest fish in the world. I saw some at the Atlanta aquarium. Well Sophie and Paul were shopping in Tractor Supply (funny how home ownership brings out new interests) and saw this tiny truck transporting...a whale shark. The really cool thing about this is she was thoughtful enough to buy it for me. So sweet (and weird I know). 
 
 
Have learned how to make shish kabobs for 2.
 
 
1 breast and one small sausage plus veggies.
 
 
Made quinoa but still only on friend terms with it, not love.

 
Ed always says these plates and matching bowls look like I melted them in the dishwasher.
 

For tonight I made beef stew out of last night's pot roast.

2 comments:

  1. A little unnerving how much you remember as a child. I hope all memories are good. I know I enjoyed you. All about food today. Three fourths of my time is about food. You come up with a lot of creative ways to cook. Is that mushrooms swimming in the quinoa? MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, mushrooms and cooked in chicken broth...still didn't help much

    ReplyDelete