Search This Blog

Friday, January 16, 2015

New and old things

New restaurant  in town! Vick suggested we try Lou's Full-Serv. It is in the old Basil's location next to Fortification McDade's. It was a little high unless you got the daily special. It is a good deal at $11
which includes entrée, 2 sides, a salad and tea.
 
 
 I got the special and it was great.

 
I normally would not include pictures of the restroom, but this TP holder was so cute.

 
Everything was a bit industrial looking.

 
After lunch Vick showed me her Repeat Street find.

 
 
 I immediately drove there and bought the remaining 3 vases. We always like the same things.

 
Had leftover brown rice so I made chicken fried rice. I added cabbage and mushrooms along with the traditional egg.

 
So here is another forgetful old lady story for y'all. A few weeks ago I wanted to use my old aluminum tray for something. I could not find it in it's usual spot. After searching high and low in the house , I called Sophie and Mary Grace to see if I had possibly lent it to one of them. Both said no. Well yesterday morning, I stepped out of the shower and saw it...right where I had put it back when we repainted the bathroom. Hiding in plain sight. Pitiful.
 
P.S. Start collecting this stuff if you like it (and I do). It is going up in popularity and hence, value.  
 

1 comment:

  1. I love your "fish" vases. And I am so full of shrimp that the food did not even look good. MOM

    ReplyDelete