Search This Blog

Thursday, January 8, 2015

broccoli part two

 
Ok, here's how the broccoli went down. I cooked onions in olive oil until golden.
 
 
The recipe said cook the whole head, but I halved it. Place on top of onions and add a cup of water.

 
Add salt and pepper. Cover and simmer until soft but not mushy. About 15 mins.

 
Here it is all steamy and done. This would work with cauliflower or regular broccoli.

 
To make Ed happy I served it alongside one of his favorites, hamburger steak and gravy over rice. He said it was "ok".

 
My poor little cherubs are freezing their little concrete feet off this morning.


1 comment:

  1. I would eat anything with hamburger steak that looked that good. Of course I love broccoli . My downfall--I like anything . Those little cherubs need a skirt. Remind me to tell you a story about dressing naked statues. I may have told it before. MOM

    ReplyDelete