Search This Blog

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Food ...sorry Lucy

Book Club this month at Sue's. We can always be sure there will be healthy and delicious food. She had chicken tortilla soup which was a superior version of the taco soup I had for breakfast. Tee hee.
 
 
Rounded out by a pear, pecan arugula salad. Perfect. The book was Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng. Nice discussion.
 
 
Ok, who grills out when it is 20 degrees? Me

 
Saturday morning I woke up with the soup bug again. More leftovers from the veggie bin and the back of the Thanksgiving turkey. Dupree and Daphne came to spend the day while MG, Ryan, David and Ed, built a new fence to keep Dupree the escape artist in.

 
Here is the turkey back. Candy wondered if it wasn't Dupree in the pot!!! No!!

 
Can you believe how much meat is on there. I think I will call this Hard time soup. It reminds me how our grandmothers did not waste anything.

 
Brown rice, carrots, celery, mushrooms and onion rounded it out.

 
Trying to get back on the wagon, back in the saddle or whatever, to get back to healthy eating.

 
That is Atlantic cod I baked in the oven . It was so good.
 
 
So happy to have this fire man to make a cozy fire every night.
 

2 comments:

  1. Everyone is on the soup wagon. Cold weather brings out the soup queens. Your turkey in that pot and Candy's comment made me laugh. I do miss a fireplace but I can still make soup!!!! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the soup bug too. Made a big pot of old fashioned vegetable beef with a skillet of cornbread. Reminded me of my sweet momma, which made it taste even better.

    ReplyDelete