Search This Blog

Monday, June 22, 2020

Quarantine gets squashed

So...I get a picture from my cousin Karen. 



She is an excellent cook. I asked “is that fried squash?”  She said it was. I remember my mom making it. 



Oh, by the way, she also made peach cobbler. Oh please. I decided to try to fry squash. She gave me instructions. 



Well of course the kitchen was a disaster. 



Pretty hit or miss on the squash. 



Some was burned. Some was limp. Oh well. 



End result was not too bad. The crown of southern cooking goes to Karen. 



2 comments:

  1. I remember making fried squash a lot and I also remember what a mess it made. So it was a labor of love and nothing like it. You and Karen are having a cook off contest. My My this virus does some good things to us. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. That plate looks really good to me!

    (Cant believe I made the blog...lol)

    ReplyDelete