Search This Blog

Friday, June 26, 2020

Quarantine actually celebrates

We had our social distance Book Club at Sue’s house. We decided to celebrate my birthday at the same time since it is so hard to go out. 



She set a lovely safe disposable table! 



We all brought our own lunch. 



She did add in this cauliflower rice stir fry. As per Pam’s request. 



And I actually squealed with delight when I saw the dessert. I have been craving a lemon ice box pie. She said this was a buttermilk ice box pie. It was so good!!



With strawberries and whipped cream. And it HAS to be a homemade crust. The book we discussed was Simon the Fiddler by Paulette Jilles. We all loved it. What a storyteller. 



On to presents. I was covered by the bounty. I think everyone was happy to shop a bit. 



Everyone really hit the nail on the head! Such sweet gifts. On the left are some homemade pickles from Kathy. She also included Blueberry Basil jam and her own chili sauce. Hope I can do them justice. How wonderful to have sweet friends like these. 



Jill always makes a card. Had to share this one. 



I definitely am forgetful. I think this girl forgot to take a bath too.  



I was unpacking my spoils and throwing away tissue and ribbon and discovered something I overlooked. Kathy’s tag was a work of  art itself. 

1 comment:

  1. You have the most creative and thoughtful friends. Of course you have to be a good friend to them too, and you are the best. My that pie looked good. And the gifts were perfect. No wonder you feel it has been a good day. MOM

    ReplyDelete