Search This Blog

Thursday, October 24, 2013

small adventure

    so...Vicki suggests that we drive to the little town of Flora near us for lunch. There is a little local café and a couple of antique shops. Well, I'm up for anything, so we head out. A little concerned at first when all the customers are burly worker men. So we queue up to the buffet which is a huge six feet or so. Choice of 1 meat and 2 sides, roll or corn bread, peach cobbler and iced tea. Ok , I'm in.

 
why yes, those are chicken livers. And turnip greens and that kind of country squash that is kind of like dressing. Next we went across the street to the antique mall. Lots of cool stuff. I actually bought something. A watch necklace. Only $18!
 

That is my cute Mom as the background. She is probably 12 or 13.
 

 
The black ball opens up to a little clock face. These next photo is little bedside chests that are adorable. I (and apparently no one else in America) love Art Deco period pieces.
 

Oh my gosh these are cute. With a little polish and new knobs these would be great. They remind me of some of the wood projects my grandfather Brown used to make. Ed hates that period...maybe I could sneak them into the guest bedroom. This place was really a junk shop. Right next to this was a row of 3 airplane seats! Many cool old oddities. Small adventures can be fun.
 
Sophie has always despaired over my underuse of commas. She once offered me a bag of commas. So, in her honor and William Faulkner's memory I offer you some to use if you need them and if I forgot to use one when necessary .
 
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

 



1 comment:

  1. I just love the clock locket. Does it work? How many tables did you buy? I wonder if Sophie likes my commas? I use too many I think. MOM

    ReplyDelete