Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

a charmed life

     I have always know that I lived a charmed life. I had such a happy childhood and teenage years. A lot of it was documented with a charm bracelet. All of my friends had one. They go in and out of style. Right now they are becoming popular again. I decided to buy myself a new one to capture moments in the rest of my life.



The bear is from Blue Ridge, GA during spring break. The rocking horse is from girl trip to Natchez. Now get ready for the original big ole 70's charm bracelet. When I would wear it to church on Sunday when the girls were young, it was jewelry and toys rolled into one. Ready?
 
 
Can you spot the prestigious Home Economics Award? Also known as the Betty Crocker award? The whole school took this test and I made the highest grade of everyone. Well I took a great deal of ribbing about this award. On class day when it was announced, all my friends conspired to stand up and yell and applaud when I walked across stage to get my award. Wow.
 

I positioned it so you can see all my honor keys. I must have been pretty smart...not. But it was fun collecting them. It's a great way to get a souvenir from travels without adding a dust catcher to your shelf! Now for a moment to be remembered....
 
 
Ellie's last day as an only pet. She looks like she knows. More on that story tomorrow!!

 


1 comment:

  1. Yes it is time to start a new bracelet. The old one is full. What can we put on the new one. Seems to me you are still charming and full of life. A new one should fill up fast. MOM

    ReplyDelete