Search This Blog

Friday, October 25, 2013

just a little story

    Remember the perfect rug story from a previous post? Well I'm headed home and I see Ed's truck at Candy's...still running and driverless. Well Ellie had gotten loose and Candy was wandering the hood, calling her and wailing. Well everyone joined in the search only to find her back at the house waiting. Ugh. So I go in for a chat and Lucy is home sick. Stomach hurting. May have had something to do with the entire BAG of sweet tarts she ate. Including some for breakfast. I remember when sweetarts were invented! back in the middle ages I think. We would eat them until our mouths hurt. And then they came out with Giant sweetarts. Those you carried around with you for a week and sucked on them all day and left them on the nightstand at night. Yuck. Well back to the story. Candy had made Lucy some mashed potatoes to soothe her poor sick(?) stomach. She walked in stirring  them in a yellow crockery bowl ( I loved that bowl and have one too)  It slipped from her hand and broke on the rug...the new rug. We all screamed and yelled "the Rug!!" I grabbed a piece of the bowl and started scooping taters. Of course I cut my finger and Lucy says "don't get blood on the rug!" We scraped up what we could and decided to let it dry and vacuum later. Ellie had other plans and cleaned it up for us! All I got was a Despicable Me (that's a movie Mom) Band-Aid and a dot of Neosporin. Point of this story...not sure.

1 comment:

  1. Point of the story? It made me laugh!! I remember those giant sweet tarts. They were a pain. MOM

    ReplyDelete