Search This Blog

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Be stillery my heart

     The Jack Daniels distillery was really fun. You could not take pictures or use cell phones inside because of all the alcohol! Of course it was all beautiful and down in a hollow instead of up a mountain. All the whiskey (Tennessee sipping whiskey , as our guide mentioned - oh- a million times) is made from water that comes through all the limestone in the mountain. Here is Jack himself. He was only 5 foot 2.


Here is the cave where all the water is collected.
 

Here are the last few of the Space museum
 

Here is one of the smaller rockets!
 

Ryan explains it all
 
 
     Ok...back to food for a moment...I've been trying to correct all the wonderful but mostly fried or otherwise unhealthy food we ate all weekend. This is something Mom used to make and I have put my own spin on it. She called it Swiss steak. We call it delicious. The tomato gravy is great.
 
 
As a daily cook though, sometimes you run out of ideas or ingredients. A trip to the grocery store seems like an awful idea at 5:00. I don't care that it is 3 blocks from my house. So you must get creative. Whitney you understand this, I know. Ok, check the fridge. One leftover fried chicken breast left from Ed's bachelor weekend. Borrow tortillas from Candy. Start making filling for chicken black bean enchiladas. No green chilis...sub chopped jalapenos. No black beans...sub refried beans? No green enchilada sauce...sub a little sour cream and milk. Any way it turned out great. I spread the refried beans on first , then chicken filling. Turned out great.
 
 
I remember Erma Bombeck doing some funny bits about her substitutions that didn't turn out so great. I never completely got her humor until I had kids.
 
 
 


 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment