Search This Blog

Thursday, October 10, 2013

it's all fairly funnie

   I love the fair! When I was a kid, I would come home without a nickel in my pocket. If I had a nickel left, I would use it in the grab machine. They had little miniature steam shovels that you used to scoop up treasures if you could. It was so fun to go with your friends when you were old enough. We would ride over and over. Our favorites were the fast spinning ones that blasted popular music. They always had alpine scenes painted all over. Then when you were old enough for dating, the fair was the best date. You could kiss at the very top of the ferris wheel and see the whole midway lit up at night. Well my grownup version (post kids), consists of lunch at the fair. Amy, Mary Grace and I busted up in there at 11:00 am. (it's free admission before 1:00). I have a pretty strict schedule and Penn's chicken on a stick is first. MG and I split one.

 
 
           Look how blue the sky was. It was fairly cool too. Next we visited the petting zoo.


There were baby goats! Very young, no bigger than Toby. That is a fake turtle. The goats just climb on it. Then here was Grandad billy goat.
 
 
Look at this precious Scottish cow. Maybe he is a McNeil.
 
              Then Amy had to have her favorite - ribbon fries. I must admit she has good taste.

 
We demolished those and moved on to this.
 
 
Blooming onion with comeback sauce.
 

A little dessert then picked up a roasted corn ear and took it home to Mom. She sent word that she enjoyed it. So....that leads us into healthy eating time.
 
 
My austere breakfast. Maybe if I blog about healthier food I'll be more accountable. Aren't you proud Mom? I'm headed to Sewannee this weekend with Candy, Lucy, MG and Ryan so I can't promise anything but I'll try.

 
 

 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Yes the corn was good. Best corn I ever had, even as good as Gulf Shores, Silver Queen, A McNeil cow? I love that. AND On top of the ferris wheel? I guess that was as good as any other place. MOM

    ReplyDelete